You have now created an engaging, informative, and timely blog post. Now you are ready to hit Publish to publish it and make it available online for all to see.
What percentage of people read your post? Your blog is helping you gain more traffic and build links. Are the rewards worth the effort and time spent writing these epic articles?
You should complete the most critical steps of your blog process, the actions that do not have to do with copy content.
1. Are you planning to promote your blog post? You can use online networking to reach out and let other sites know about the blog post. You could also gather complementary articles online and put them on a content curation site like Storify. You can also supply good content to other sites.
2. Have you added a photo, infographic, or video?
Images grab the attention and make your post more appealing to readers. For a 500-word blog article, you should aim to have one or two images. Ensure that photos in search results have a title, description, and relevant keywords.
3. Is your post social media-friendly?
Your blog must be visible on social media sites like Facebook and Pinterest. Twitter and Google+. This will help you generate maximum traffic. It’s easy to share your post online with the appropriate Like or Share buttons. Major blog sites like WordPress, Blogger, and Google+ have an easy process. Social media can also benefit search engines, as it can provide social proof that will help you rank higher in search engines.
4. Are you optimizing your blog for linking?
There are many ways you can maximize the benefits of linking (internal and incoming) – there are too many to list. We’ll be writing a separate blog on links shortly. It’s essential to have a link strategy for search engines to determine if your site contains quality content.
5. Can you reuse the information in another format?
That blog post was a labor of love. What is the best way to share this information? A version of the information could be made into a presentation or uploaded to a document-sharing site. You can add a summary to your newsletter or make it into an infographic for client e-mailouts. You have endless possibilities!